Art Director and Graphic Designer
I'm an experienced visual designer and art director with a focus on digital and editorial media. Over the past eight years, I’ve worked as a full range designer in media, in-house, and agency environments. Always learning something new.
Designer and Digital Lead
Pentagram • September 2018 - Present
- Communicated with a multitude of clients to discern their needs, meet deadlines, and ensure the final product met their goals beautifully and innovatively.
- Acted as the primary digital designer on the team. Produced a multitude of digital products, such as animated brand identity launch videos and a redesigned homepage and visual schema for Loyola Marymount University.
- Designed and produced Trojan Family and CSUN alumni magazines. Art directed high profile illustrators and photographers, designed front of book and feature layouts, and readied the publication for production.
- Developed primary and secondary logos, typeface, palette, and packaging solutions on an accelerated timeline.
- Created numerous assets in a range of media types to meet clients' needs in a timely manner.
Digital Art Director
Texas Monthly • April 2017 - September 2018
- Utilized digital-only art direction, custom development, and innovative media to bring print magazine stories to life on the web.
- Established a consistent visual style for quick turnaround daily web stories, using photo illustration and a curated selection of editorial images. Produced multitudes of art materials for web articles.
- Art directed and produced digital features and collections by working with photographers and illustrators.
- Oversaw the redesign of texasmonthly.com by working with an external firm to conceptualize features, styles, and organization; tweak designs; and identify and report bugs.
- Art directed dozens of short editorial films. Created custom opening sequences and animated elements, and finessed narrative structure and visual tone.
- Conceptualized and designed web templates for custom editorial products, including the multi-story Collections page.
- Art directed illustrators and animators to create visual accompaniment for the live storytelling event Texas Monthly LIVE.
- Branded editorial products, including a suite of podcasts and videos.
Associate Creative Director
Texas Exes • 2012 - 2017
- Pioneered immersive storytelling for Alcalde magazine, bringing longform features to life online using custom code. Art directed and produced multimedia assets; designed and developed award-winning features.
- Developed and maintained the visual voice of the organization, creating modernized print and digital assets for events, travel programs, student and alumni chapters, and marketing materials.
- Created the brand campaign #TexasForLife, a cross-platform marketing initiative involving talent and location scouting, art direction, photography and video shoots, developing logos, and print and web collateral.
- Conceptualized, art directed, produced, and photographed the storytelling initiative #IMATXEX, a portrait project featuring over 70 participants that culminated in multi-platform marketing campaign.
- Editorially photographed multiple longform features for Alcalde magazine, including cover stories.
Co-Founder and Designer
Eleven Twenty One | 2015 - 2016
- Created a textile brand featuring my landscape photographs that were sold in local boutiques and at Renegade Craft Fair.
- Established the logo, brand identity, website design, marketing assets, and brand voice.
- Maintained the inner workings of the business, including pitching the product to boutiques and publications, communicating with customers, creating ads, and running social media accounts.